This week I bring you a few apps and podcasts that have made my life easier and happier one way or the other. I hope you enjoy them and let me know if this segment is something I should be doing often.
1. The Tim Ferris Show by Tim Ferris – Towards the end of 2017, I was introduced to this podcast by my friend Michael. Since then, I’ve been listening to at least one episode a week. One of the most impactful episodes I’ve listened are with Bozoma Saint Paul, the Chief Brand Officer for Uber (my previous post was inspired by her) and Terry Crews.
2. Don’t keep your day job by Cathy Heller – Another recommendation which came up during a conversation about me wanting to leave the day job club and focusing on my passions at the time (I’m happy to announce I’m doing just that and even though it’s not been easy, I’m learning a lot). Like the name suggests, this podcast provides information and motivation for those deep diving into the unknown. It’s been a huge source of support for me for the past 2 months
3. Happier with Gretchen Rubin – Among the bunch, this has been the newest addition to my podcast list. If you’ve seen or partaken in the 18 for 2018 challenge, then you should definitely try this show.
4. Later – Are you invested in your Instagram aesthetic? Then this app is for you! It helps you schedule your pictures even the caption and the advantage is that you can see how it fits on your page as a collective. The downside for me is that it doesn’t post at the planned time so you have to go on the app and send it to Instagram yourself. Nevertheless, it’s a huge help for visual artists and photo bloggers.
5. Grateful – There’s always something to be grateful for, you just have to look past the challenges. This app has been amazing at making me realize the good things happening in my life. Although, particularly now, when I feel like it’s kicking the heck out of me, I still smile because i know it could’ve been worse.
I hope this makes your day a little brighter.